Thursday, February 23, 2012

Why doesn't my pad thai taste like the one in the restaurant?

Is there something that they add besides sugar, peanuts and tamarind? I have followed two recipes so far and they were good, but I want the unhealthy restaurant version.



Thanks for your help!Why doesn't my pad thai taste like the one in the restaurant?
It is hard to get something 100% the way a restaurant makes it, I know I am a former chef, I use sweet chili sauce, oyster sauce, soya sauce, tamarind extract, a bit of palm sugar, loads of garlic, fired garlic in a tin, I only garnish with peanuts, if you like it spicy chili garlic paste or Thai chili's are nice, I use Thai chili powder, not to be confused with Mexican, as it is 30X times hotter. I make the sauce separately first.



I cook my veg, chicken and cut my tofu balls, while i saute the shrimp add the sauce and then the rest of the products, I also use the wider rice noodles, and add them after a quick 2 minute trip in the microwave, toss, garnish with the peanuts, green onions tops, fried garlic or onions.Why doesn't my pad thai taste like the one in the restaurant?
I think they use goat meat juices. I am not sure but have heard this from multiple korean people in my cooking class.Why doesn't my pad thai taste like the one in the restaurant?
Sometimes they use fish oil/ sesame oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment