Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thai Tea Recipe?

I am trying to find a recipe for Thai Tea. I love this drink and want to know how to make it.



Can you please give me a good recipe, and if there is any odd ingredients please let me know where to get them or what I can subsitute.



Thanks!!Thai Tea Recipe?
I love Thai Tea! It's so great... and it cools down my mouth after I've eating all that yummy Thai food.



Thai red tea leaves are blended with star anise, cinnamon, and vanilla. The steeped tea then is flavored with sugar, and after being cooled is mixed with cream and often condensed milk for a refreshing creamy drink





6 cups water

1 cup Thai tea

3/4 cup sugar

6 tablespoons cream

6 tablespoons condensed milk



In a kettle, bring the water to a boil. Place the tea in a teapot or glass container. Pour the water over the tea and let steep until bright orange in color, 3 to 5 minutes. Strain into a clean container, such as a pitcher (or, if in tea bags, remove the bags). Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Fill 6 tall glasses with crushed ice and add tea to 3/4 full. Add 1 tablespoon cream and 1 tablespoon condensed milk to each glass.



Serve with iced-tea spoon so guests can swirl the mixture themselvesThai Tea Recipe?
Don't forget to 'froth' it too! In parts of SE Asia that I've been in, I've seen the chai-wallah guy pour the drink from one glass to the other rapidly back and forth until it gets a little frothy. And dont' skimp on the condensed milk! It's fattening, but soooo yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment